Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Baby's First Quilt

I began this quilt for my daughter during the long, long wait for her arrival.

Around that time I was making quite a few baby quilts.  On each, I included hand-inked quotes that I hoped would inspire the recipient at a later point.
 
The little green blotch on the upper border is some unidentified substance that left its mark in several places on this quilt.  I really don't think it's paint, but I have no idea what it is. It does offer evidence that she actually used the quilt.


It's hard to tell from these pictures, but I did do part of the quilting with Sulky holographic metallic thread. (Remember, you can right-click on any photo and open a larger view in a new tab or new window.)



In most of my homes I've hung quilts on the walls as artwork.  For some unknown reason, I have only one quilt hanging in this home.  Perhaps I should remedy that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...