Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blessings and Princesses

Surprises for my birthday....

Two of my students, who could totally overcome their disabilities if they were willing to work a little, and who are normally majorly contrary, refrained from their usual disruptive behaviors, and class went well on Tuesday.  I figured that was my birthday present from God, since it was a miracle.

But today I learned of an event even more joyous.  A few weeks ago, a woman whom I first met when she was in elementary school and whose mom was my class's educational assistant, was bemoaning the long wait for her new baby.  I suggested if she could just hang in there, perhaps she could give birth on March 2, and then her baby could share my birthday and Dr. Seuss's.  That's exactly what she did!  The new baby's name is Faith.

As for the princess above--she's my grand-niece [when did I get old enough to be a great-aunt?????], and she's pictured at Disney World earlier this year, where she too was a princess.  Her dad says she insists her favorite color is green, but there are times princesses just need to wear pink!

Happy quilting.......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...