Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Wonderland???

 Beautiful--despite the fact that a few seconds later as I looked toward the highway, I inadvertently touched a branch and it jumped snow down my neck!
Over twelve inches here--still coming down.  Therefore, unplanned personal day from school--we have two more days next week before "Winter Break" begins--it's still Christmas Break in my heart and mind.

Hard to believe that it was 65 degrees Wednesday afternoon!

It took me a loooooonnnnnnng time to make the commute last night--and despite the five inches of snow we had at home, I really thought the worst that would happen is that I'd get to work a couple of hours late.  That's not in the cards for today.  The snow shovel was still in the shed out back.  Alex plunged into it--sweet teen that she is--and shoveled a path to the house and a path down the drive so we could get the garbage can to the street, in case the garbage truck makes it.

It's pretty---but cold!

3 comments:

Dolly said...

No lunch at that table today, HUH?

Beautiful, though.

Val said...

Now that is a lot of snow!! Beautiful pictures.

Pokey said...

Oh, the Commute in harsh weather. Not fun! But it is pretty when you can stay home. Nice to be peeking in, Dora. :-}pokey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...