Monday, July 22, 2013

Candyshop: Dots and Stripes Update

Just a quick shot:
Here is most of the body of the quilt tossed over the sofa.  [No, I don't have a "real" design wall."
This part is all together and after a bit of pressing will be ready for borders.  I need to check my EQ file and see what size I decided on.

I did drag Sweet Teen to a shop yesterday so we could choose a backing--which will still need some more pieces added.  Since I get to spend some time waiting for her this week (she's one of the teen leaders at vacation Bible School), and since yesterday we got the cabinet for the Necchi Leila moved to the church (of course it was one inch too big in every direction for my car), and the machine re-installed in it, I hope to get a lot more piecing done while waiting for her. It would be lovely if I could get the borders on, get the backing pieced, get it layered and basted, and start the quilting this week.  After all, the quilting is the fun part!  Of course, that now means it won't be made 100% on a treadle, but at this point, that's not important to me anyway. After all, Sweet Teen's mama sews on all kinds of machines, so that may be even more important to her.

She also wants to  get some portraits of us together this week.  Isn't that sweet?  There is not one picture of my parents, siblings, and me together unless somewhere on earth there is someone who kept a snapshot.  No way were my parents going to pay for professional photography.  That seems kind of unusual to me since I have dozens and dozens of professional photos of my grandpa and his generation and the one before, although most of them are from before the depression.

Okay, back to quiltmaking and then, some lovely summer reading.

Happy quiltmaking.....

Linking to:
Judy's Design Wall Monday
Connie's Free Motion by the River

6 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

This is looking fabulous Dora!

DragonPoodle said...

It looks terrific!

Pokey said...

Bright and happy, just like I knew it would be! It is gonna be a precious quilt for her to have with her. Smile pretty for the photos, and remember to share them with us!
:-}pokey

Mary said...

Love all the bright colors! Such a fun quilt!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt! I am so glad that Sweet Teen wants to gets some family photos, they are always so neat to have! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

O'Quilts said...

Wonderful quilt..just perfect for her. Glad I found your blog again. Thx for the blogging help..my mind is still warped..even more so now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...