Thursday, May 29, 2014

Treasured Old Thing

Any knowledge of this treasure?
 This was gifted to me in a collection of someone's old sewing stuff.  I immediately recognized it.  A half-century and more in the past, women created these lovelies to fasten in the eyelets of their window shades to help raise and lower them.  The center is probably a bone ring, but it's so tightly packed with thread that I can't pull it apart to check.

I decided to untie it, rip back the chain, refasten it and use it as a spool pin doily on my treadle sewing machine.  I do love these treasures.

I don't like the next messes:

These were little gifties found in my Hobbs batting...Grease and dirt probably, but right in the middle!!!  I hope all you quilters escape any encounters with them!!


Happy quiltmaking...and knitting....

2 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I love vintage items too!
Was the grease and dirt in new batting? I would complain if it was!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I do remember those!! We had those on our shades growing up. So pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...