I'm glad I did, because I was in for some surprises with the quilting threads, all of which are Fil-Tec Affinity (variegated) or Glide (solid).
I thought I'd use a deep teal Glide in the solid areas, but I really didn't like it that well.
I used the Affinity Cyber in the nine patches and really like that, although I may change up the quilting design on some of the blocks just to add more interest.
The Affinity doesn't really communicate well on the solid fabric, although it might be fine on the solid in some other setting.
And I still haven't decided if this butterfly will make it onto Loreta's quilt, although it's okay on the table runner.
Here it is in the border of the table runner. The border of the quilt is wider, and I still haven't decided if I'll use it on the quilt. There's time.
I almost always just wing it when I'm quilting, but since the quilt is for Sweet Loreta, I'm very glad I tested threads (and that I have a table runner to show for it). I have a really hard time doing "little projects," but I'll enjoy having this one around!
Except for the butterfly outline, all these lines were just free motioned. (I used my Necchi BU treadle.)
I also kept my journal of feather doodles right next to me on the treadle leaf while I was quilting these. I don't usually need to do that.
Now I'm off to sing with our J.U.G.band at an assisted living home where we perform once a month--almost always with more people in our band than people in the audience! It's still an amazing amount of fun!
Happy quiltmaking and knitting.....