Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sometimes It All Comes Together

Friday evening I returned home to learn one of my aunts had fallen Friday morning and had a rod and three pins in her hip and was coming out of anesthesia.
I asked her daughter about a prayer quilt, and she suggested flowers. I had no ideas for a quilt but pulled some panels and flowered fabrics, including a sweet American Jane sweet-pea fabric I've been wanting to use for several years.












My friend Mary finished sewing the binding to the back and brought it to me.

Never, ever before have I made a quilt so quickly.  We held a little blessing for three quilts, including this one, at the end of our Sunday school class yesterday despite the fact that each quilt was not quite finished.

I did not get one of the labels for this quilt until later, so I was unable to fix it to the backing before quilting, so in one of the photos a line is visible from attaching that label.

We hope that Aunt JoAnn will sense all the prayers that it carries.  As well, we hope the post office delivers it quickly.

Happy quiltmaking and knitting......


9 comments:

Lynn said...

Amazing as always! Hope your Aunt is feeling better.

bunbear said...

very nice collection of fabrics in that quilt! prayers for your aunt.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It turned out very pretty. I know it will bring comfort to her. =)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That was quick! I know your aunt will appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I am sure your aunt will appreciate the quilt. The quilting is lovely.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

What a sweet, lovely quilt I'm sure will bring lots of joy to your aunt...such pretty quilting also

Muv said...

Hello Dora,

It's a beautiful quilt, and bound to lift your auntie's spirits. All the birds and flowers are gorgeous.

Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks.

With an extra prayer from England,
Love, Muv

Wonderbunnie Designs said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure will happily received. All the best, adding my prayers from "Across the Pond!"

JanineMarie said...

What a beautiful quilt for your aunt! Quilts are such good medicine, and I[m sure your aunt will really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...