Friday, July 24, 2015

The Quilt - Summer Romance I

Still working on the quilt top from Eleanor Burns' Zoey line for Benartex that began with strips and has now seen the addition of white strips for sashing.  I'd love to get the borders on before the end of the day.  We'll see.


Creating some pieced triangles.....
 That square to the right is a stack of post-it notes that I'm using for a seam guide.



Oops....four patches turned the wrong way!


Time to do some R&R (ripping and resewing)....
 At least I have a wonderful seam ripper!

 Okay, now turned in the right direction.

The next challenge is that I need some really big setting triangles--bigger than the Fons & Porter ruler for setting triangles.

 A little sloppiness here could ruin the entire quilt top--and I'm running out of the white fabric.

I decided to use these pieced triangles as a pattern for the solid triangles.

 I just have to be careful and check measurements correctly.  I guess I could have used a huge sheet of freezer paper, but I didn't.


Just checking to be sure!

Happy quiltmaking,...

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I tend to cut my setting triangles larger than called for. I'd rather trim them down, than risk cutting them too small. I have a 20.5" square ruler, so, that helps with the cutting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...