Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Group Quilt

A couple months ago, or, maybe, several, one of the ladies in our Victory Prayer Quilts Group suggested we come to the meeting with charm packs or layer cakes, she'd bring, white, and we could each make a quilt from a pattern she would bring.  I think the pattern is from a Missouri Star tutorial.

I took an Eleanor Burns layer cake, thinking I'd put it with white to make another pattern.  The lady forgot the white.  Ruth brought quite a few charm packs and suggested we use some of those.  The lady also brought sets of strips she had already cut to be used in charm pack quilts.

When I got there and couldn't make the quilt top I had planned, Ruth told me to use some of her charm packs with the strips.  This quilt is the result.

Here's the quilt in last Sunday's sun in the church narthex.

From a different angle:

I love text prints, but almost never see any when I'm buying fabric.  This text was printed in multiple colors and recalled a Paris exhibition at the beginning of the 20th century (or end of the 19th).

It quilted beautifully.
 If our championship binding lady hadn't moved away a year ago, it could have been a four-person quilt.

Happy quiltmaking,

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice. It looks like a shadow quilt, but, using the lights instead of grey or black.

O'Quilts said...

nice to see you posting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...