Monday, August 9, 2010

I Love Vintage Sewing Machines

Love antique ones too--but I don't own any of those, and so far, I'm quite happy with my vintage machines.
This is the machine I'm now using for most of my quilting...
It's from 1935 and has a very pretty faceplate.  I chose it because class 15 machines have high capacity vertical bobbins.  Many people just set the stitch length to zero and attach a darning foot or a spiral wire when they quilt.  I don't like the drag that feed dogs create on a quilt, even when the stitch length is set at zero, so I was very grateful when  Dolly over at Dolly's Home decided she'd figure out a way to get the feed-dog-lowering mechanism to work and encouraged me to do the same.

I know some people with both vintage and quite modern machines use both for different purposes. We have a fairly new, fairly small list where those of us with vintage machines that we actually use are sharing our experiences.  It's called Vintage Machine Q & E [Quilting and Embroidery] and

If you and/or a friend would like to subscribe to this group:
1. visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VintageMachineQandE/join
-OR-
2. send email to VintageMachineQandE-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Okay, back to the reorganization of my sewing studio.....
Happy quiltmaking....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...