Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Robin's Song Quilting Complete....

  ...except for being signed, and it still needs binding.
 I quilted feathers with s-spines in the borders--3 different colors of thread, alternating a Fil-Tec Glide green, a Fil-Tec Glide pearl, and a ThreadArt variegated that ranged from almost ivory through apricot.
 The border is beautiful, but, boy, did I get tired of rethreading the machine.  I like the effect, but I don't think I'll try so many color changes on a border again--at least not for a while.
 I do love the serenity this border adds to the quilt. This quilt was made from two Moda charm packs, 3 Sisters' Papillon, from a quilt designed by Mary Lane Brown from the old Florida cracker pattern and featured on the Moda Bake Shop. This quilt was made entirely on my ca. 1940's Necchi BU in a 1919 Singer treadle cabinet. (Yep, it represents a lot of treadling!)
 And this is the little lady who will receive the quilt.  Blanche is almost five months old, and look at the personality in that face and those eyes.  Her mother's eyes were equally as deep blue at that age. (Blanche was designed by Karen and Max and named for Karen's paternal grandmother, who died almost 60 years ago.)
Now that I'm pretty much finished with the fun of quilting, it's time to get the binding cut and applied. I once let a quilt sit around for almost a year waiting for the binding to be sewn to the back!  I need to be a bit quicker this time. I'm pretty sure I should have cut out the binding when I pieced the quilt--would have made it less painful!

I'm going to link to Connie Kresin's Quilting by the River:
as well as Quilt Story:


Fresh Poppy Design


and, in the hope that this won't be a WIP for long, to Esther's Blog (sorry, tried numerous times to paste the html for Esther's pretty little badge, but it didn't work).

...blogs where you can catch up with and be inspired by what a lot of other quiltmakers are working on this week.

Happy quiltmaking.......

7 comments:

Glenda said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilting, what satisfaction you must feel. So much work there but it looks well worth the extra time you spent on it. Lucky lucky wee girl, and she sure has deep blue eyes she is a sweety. Cheers Glenda

Angie in SoCal said...

Dora, that's wonderful quilting on that sweet quilt for your little precious. Thanks for sharing.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Gosh, I like this!!!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt and with all the thread changes and treadling I bet you are tired but this precious little one will cherish it! Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Dora, the Quilter said...

A well-working treadle is no more tiring than an electric/electronic foot control--but a lot more satisfying. (Something about using feet as well as hands and arms.)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I will start my comment with with Missie Blanche....PRECIOUS!!!!!! The quilt you made for her is a treasure!

:) Carolyn

DragonPoodle said...

lovely quilt for a lovely baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...