At last I have managed to download from my camera some of the quilt photos from the most recently finished Victory Quilts. This is a group from my church that makes prayer quilts and donates them to members of our prayer list who have cancer or other serious diseases or who are dealing with monumental stresses of some other type.
The first quilt is one Ruth pieced and I machine quilted. When I saw that strippy setting and those wonderful colors, it was obvious that I needed to quilt it because my mind immediately saw how it should be quilted. Judy applied the binding, and Davra stitched the back of the binding down. Yesterday the quilt was blessed at church and was given to Glenda.
The second and third quilts are also Victory Quilts made by other members of the group. I apologize for the quality of the photos. They were taken quickly in the temporary office of the visitation pastor, so we had no wall to put them on, and I didn't center the camera properly.
I did pass on a stalled quilt for binding at our gathering on Saturday. It's been quilted since November, but I just could not manage to get through the binding part, so Ruth said she'd do it.
We do need more people to join our group. We need people to sew quilt backings for us, to complete bindings, etc. If we could concentrate on piecing and quilting, we'd be able to get a lot more done.
Now, if I can be less brainless about using and downloading my camera, I'll post some pictures of the socks I've been making. For the first time in years, my feet are actually warm!