Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

It's Dr. Seuss's birthday! It's also mine!
Alexandra bought me a dozen beautiful white roses. She also baked me a cake.
It's so nice that she remembered and made the effort. (Some years she has remembered, albeit, not until the end of the day, but this is the first time she's actually made the effort to get me a gift.)

The other surprise was that my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. In my entire life, this is the first time he has remembered my birthday. When I was growing up, it was a family joke that he never remembered anyone's birthday.
He left a message on my machine, so I came home to a nice surprise. Also had a message from my youngest sister.

All in all, I think I've had more "Happy Birthday" wishes today than I've had in years and years.

Thanks, y'all!!!!
Think I'll go have a piece of that devil's food cake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, I am getting old and forgetful - so I have to wish you a belated Happy B-day! But it sounds like you had a wonderful day - that is great. Sanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...