Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tom-Tom's Star

 This one is for my baby brother's teenage son.  It was requested almost two and a half years ago.  I'm shocked at how long it takes me to get things done now that I'm in a horrible work assignment.  Anyway, this is one more finish.
Actually, this quilt got it's beginning when my baby brother was much younger---I think I drafted and hand pieced the star back in the mid 1980s.

 I included more Lincoln's Platform blocks not only because I've always liked them, but also because our family spent generations in Illinois, and Lincoln was one of my heroes as a child.



Yes, it includes plenty of feathers.  Our church held a blessing for our prayer quilts a week or so ago, so this quilt is ready to travel to the Houston area.

Happy quilting to all.......

5 comments:

Pokey said...

What nice stitching lines, it is grand what you can accomplish with your treadle sewing! It doesn't matter how long it took, or how old it it, you have a finish now, hurray!!
:-}pokey

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Don't worry, I'm pokey, too. Great quilt.

Mary said...

I saw the previous commenter say "treadle" and I was going to tell you about Cheryl and her blog where she talks about her treadle...then Cheryl was the next comment down! You treadle girls stick together!! haha

Dora, the Quilter said...

I'm guessing there are a whole lot more treadle quilters out there that we haven't met anywhere, including cyberspace! So many of those great old machines do a great job of quilting!

Quilting By Celia said...

Your quilting is superb !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...