Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bit o'Green--Nathan's Quilt

 This is my nephew's son's quilt.  Nathan likes tractors almost as much as he likes trains.
I've made quite a few John Deere quilts for our prayer quilt ministry and really did not think I'd make another one. Then I found this border fabric shortly before Alco discontinued all their fabrics.


 The windmill blocks were quilted with a variety of patterns, as were all the other blocks, but I liked this little dragon fly the best.
 The yellow row got some leaves, that really don't show up all that well in the photo.  (Some day I'll have a better location to take quilt photos--someday.)
 Despite the fact that it's a tractor quilt, my favorite part is the hogs in the center of the Lincoln's Platform blocks.  The hog fabric is all gone except for several itsy-bitsy scraps--and Nathan will undoubtedly call them pigs or piggies.

Now I need to make a decision about a quilt for Nathan's sister that is bigger than the doll quilt that was my last 2011 finish. I have several quilt tops ready to be layered and quilted, but I'm not sure which best suits her.

One of my friends asked me if I'd quilt a small quilt for her.  She said, "You don't have to do anything fancy like feathers."  I had to admit that I would have a hard time doing a quilt without feathers.  Yes, even the guys get feathers.  Given the many generations of hunters in our family, it never occurred to me that they might not want feathers.

(I linked to Karen't Sew Crafty party.)

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love feathers. (If I ever finish it) I'm hand quilting feathers on my MIL's quilt. This is the first time I've quilted feathers.

Pokey said...

This quilt will be loved by the tractor boy, for sure. The rows of different piecing make it fun visually! I like your quilt lines. I'm not even good at drawing feathers yet, so they do not come out very good in stitches....
:-}pokey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...