Saturday, February 14, 2015

Victory Prayer Quilt by Judy

I finished quilting another of our "Bob Warr" quilts, this one pieced at our January work day by Judy.

 Judy spent several decades painting, and her knowledge of color enables her to combine fabrics the rest of us would probably never think of using.

 I don't know who designed the fabric for the panels she used, but I think it might have been a quilter who loves feathers.

At first I had no idea how to quilt the panels, but then I decided to just go with the feather theme.

The other fabrics are heavily printed, so I could probably have gone with a simpler design, but I decided to just consider it an opportunity for practice.

I can tell I was pretty tired when I did some of this quilting, but I still hope it will keep the recipient entertained.

Because the border was narrow and quilting wasn't going to show up much, I mostly followed the lines in the fabric and added a few loops and twists occasionally.

I'm linking up to Free Motion Mavericks, because I haven't linked to anything lately; and I admit that I love traditional quilting so much that I'm not much of a maverick.  Then again, I don't seem to follow the flock, so maybe I do qualify! I'm also linking to Sarah's Friday Confessions of a Fabric Addict because I've finished lots and lots of quilts since the last time I linked with her.

I'm hoping to get some more quilting done this weekend--although I'm also trying to ward off a sinus infection.  (Although I teach at a small school, there have been long lines at the nurse's office and lots of teachers out.)  We've had some very springlike weather between and after snowstorms, so there are a lot of things trying to get spring started, especially in Albuquerque, which is a couple thousand feet lower than where I live.

I'm sorry I don't have anything pink to post for Valentine's Day.  I guess I could post a photo of pink thread, but I won't.  Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Happy quiltmaking and knitting,

1 comment:

Muv said...

Hello Dora,

You quilt on a treadle, of course you are a maverick!

I love the way you have let the fabric design suggest the quilting for you. The feathers look absolutely perfect.

Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

Love, Muv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...