Friday, April 27, 2012

Little Adventure

It was a moving adventure--officially known as an Equi-test.
(If you're here from a linky party, you might want to skip this post and move on to the quilt posts!)

 I was strapped into a lovely vest-type thing and assured it would catch me if I fell.  Doesn't it look glamorous--and don't I as well?
 Yep, I did great with my eyes closed.  Opened them and  my stomach, head, and the rest of me felt just like that blur!
Good news is that I exceeded the norms for my age--except when my eyes are opened and the painted landscape was moving!
It's the only machine like this in the entire state and was developed for NASA back in the 50's and 60's but now has medical uses.
The fact that I did not do so well with my eyes open documents some of the problems I'm having with visual processing.

I also saw the speech therapist and began testing for my evaluation--and burst into tears after the third little test (in which I had to perform a task by listening to numbers, and pushing a button when I heard two numbers, the second of which was one less than the first, and sorting that information out from background noise).  Hmmmmmmm....that says a whole lot right there.  Next week: more tests in a bunch of areas and a bit of therapy if I'm lucky.  Guess I have a new almost-full-time job that I would never have guessed I'd have!

Hopefully, I'll fit in at least a little quiltmaking......

I'm linking to Karen's Find a Friend Friday.  According to one of my best friends, I'm much less social since the kick in the head! I hope any new visitors read beyond this post to the real quilting stuff.  (I didn't even have a label for this one, and my brain isn't up to creating one--besides, who wants more adventures like this anyway!)

6 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Wow, don't know what happened to cause your injury, but it surely must have been awful to cause you such lasting effects. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Pokey said...

How awful, Dora! So are you calling your therapy your part time job? Too bad it doesn't pay better....
hugs, pokey

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I'm glad you are getting some help.

Unknown said...

glad you are seeking some help.
Wishing you all the very best
I can't begin to imagine all this moving (standing still) around.
this is my FIRST visit to your blog. I will go now and have a look at your work.
hugs
gina

DragonPoodle said...

Gosh, on my first glance at the contraption I thought you were getting ready to go sky diving---or bungee jumping off the Sandias.

Best of luck with your therapy, I hope it goes well.
Cheryl Warren

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm just trying to get caught up. Hope the therapy is going well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...