Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sweet Spring Baby Quilt - Progress Report

I've made some progress on the quilting of the Sweet Spring Baby Quilt, although I still have a distance to cover.  So far I've used Fil-Tec Bobbinline thread for a bit of stabilizing, some turquoise Madeira thread I've had for years for some of the quilting, and Fil-Tec Glide in pale orchid, medium orchid, and some white.
I've quilted on both the Necchi BU treadle in my living room and the Singer15-88 treadle in my sewing room.



 A bit of the back:
 Sweet Teen, who is on spring break, and I made a stop at Busy Bee Quilts in Edgewood, where I succumbed to the temptation of a yard of pale orchid 1930's style fabric, and some fatquarters that will go into at least four different projects.  I also purchased a Pigma Pen so I can get the writing on the Robin's Nest baby quilt.
And the surprise vintage goody in the mail [apparently sitting in the local post office since last Friday when, for some reason, they failed to notify or gave the notice to some other customer, was a pillowcasewith white and pink crocheted lace.
We have a sunny day here east of the Sandias with a couple of windows open.--I'm hoping we don't get our usual high winds in the afternoon

I'm linking to Connie Kresin's Quilting by the River,
and to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story

Happy quiltmaking, all.....

9 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your machine quilting! Beautiful!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilting and love the new fabrics you picked up! Thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

Amazing that you use a treadle machine! Beautiful!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow, you used a treadle machine to do that beautiful quilting, that is amazing! Great job.

Pokey said...

You are so talented, Miss Dora ~
:-}pokey

Béa said...

Wow, I'm impressed by your quilting !

SeeingStars said...

Your quilting looks great! WTG using a treadle to do that. I haven't tried one. :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love that pillowcase. Like the new look of the blog, too. You are doing wonderful on the quilting.

Anonymous said...

You do a really great feather! It heartens me to know you did that on the treadle, though I couldn't match it on the Viking I have. On a longarm, though . . . . =)

Your curves are so nice. You must have a lot of treadling experience!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...