Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Spring Baby Quilt

 Here's a sweet baby quilt I'm working on.  It's made from a charm pack and yardage I purchased several years ago.  It would also make a fine lap quilt or napping quilt.  (And it looks better than it does in the photo.  I'll take another picture when it's closer to being able to go out in public.)


Two photos of the rosebush my friend Joann gave me last fall.  It looks like it did survive the winter.

 The Chinese Elm tree is showing no signs of life, but if I remember correctly, it didn't start to leaf out until the end of May last year.
 I don't know if the choke cherry ever bloomed, but this is what they look like now......
 except for this little volunteer in my side yard.  It's showing lovely white blossoms.
We had a glorious Easter.  Although rain had been predicted, we received none.  We had lovely sunshine, mild temperatures, and no wind.  It's clouding up this afternoon, but we have no wind (yet, anyway) and bird songs are filling the air!

3 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Isn't spring wonderful? Love hearing the birds again!

Pokey said...

What a nice view of the outdoors, I love how the blooms come out and the grass is so very green!
Your baby quilt is so soft and welcoming, I sure enjoy affordable charm packs.
:-}pokey

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love the adobe fence. I'd forgotten about adobe fences. It's been quite a while since I've been in New Mexico. Hope you are almost healed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...