Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Fun Milestone

Last night was the Junior-Senior Prom.
These participants decided one of the town parks would be the best place for pictures.  I loved that idea, although it turns out that one can take pictures of the gazebo with tiny people or pictures of people with just a bit of the gazebo showing.

The theme of this year's prom was "A Masked Ball,"  but none of the masks were practical for wearing (is any mask?).
 The Gentleman and Sweet Teen.
 We assured the Gentleman that when he's 70, he'll have a great time telling his progeny how he took three girls to prom because he'll have the picture to prove it!


 I always want park pictures to include the wonderful statues--but clearly, they were not made for picture taking.
You can see that we are a lot farther from spring than the places where most of my friends live.


This is one of my favorite pictures--probably because it's the only one where the Gentleman doesn't look as if his nervousness is getting the better of him.

His mom took lots more pictures, with a lot fancier camera, and I'm looking forward to seeing those.

After-prom included a sleep-over at our house.  Fortunately, the young ladies were so tired that I did get to sleep well myself.

Sweet Teen acted as photographer for a new profile picture today--something we've been meaning to do for a while.  We tried several locations and then decided the best place was probably in front of some of my blue and white china!   I recognize that we all age, not always gracefully, but I'm shocked at how much I've aged just since getting kicked in the head! That's scary--although I do hope I am no more scary than I used to be!

Time for me to either take a nap or get back to quiltmaking.....

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Pretty ladies, lucky guy! I like your picture. Hope you are recovering quickly.

Pokey said...

The girls all look so pretty, but so do you! You need to pull that picture up to the top of your side bar, Dora. That was recommended to me when I had been blogging for a bit, saying people want to know who you are...I agree! I'm still holding you in prayer ~
:-}pokey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...