Saturday, January 16, 2010

Results of Friday Night Sew In

This is what I accomplished last night.  (And still got to bed a bit after 9:00.)


It's a small quilt with nine rows of twelve tumblers pieced by Judy from wonderful collections of "flower-dee" prints--it will be perfect for someone resting in her favorite chair.















Here's a detail of Judy's Tumbler Quilt.  It's for our prayer quilt ministry, Victory Quilts.
If this group ever gets tired of all my feathers and ribbons, I will be in big trouble!

Today we're meeting at our church for several hours to work on more quilts.  I'll be cutting, piecing, and layering, so I can get by with a nice light-weight sewing machine rather than the much heavier one I use for quilting.

Check out the links to other people's Friday Night Sewing accomplishments on Heidi's blog:
http://www.handmadebyheidi.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Very pretty quilt.

Cath Ü said...

That is very pretty.. Friday night sew in was a lot of fun..
Cath Ü

Bobbi said...

oh i want to make one of those!!! very cute! welcome to fri nights!

Heidi said...

That is the pattern that my son has chosen for his next quilt. He wants greens and whites though. I need to start it soon!

Jandi said...

Very pretty! I always see tumbler quilts in kid's fabrics and have never thought of doing a more grown-up version. What a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...