Saturday, May 25, 2013

Quilts, Etc.

Been quilting.....
 Finished one that had been started and quilted three more.  I didn't make it outside to photograph these, so maybe I'll have more luck tomorrow.
They were all fun, but the pink and blue was the most fun.  Five of the blocks are hankie prints, and they brought back so many memories.

Then I called Rocky, the Sew Man, to see if he would take a look at the Necchi Leila BF I was given a couple of weeks ago.  The card board face plate was courtesy of Bob when he serviced the machine years ago--at least I'm guessing it was years ago by the label.  Rocky thinks he has a similar model at home that he's been using for parts, so he'll see if he has the face plate.  I asked on my on-line Necchi group, but no one offered one.
 I took it in to Rocky because the motor was throwing some carbon "dust."  He cleaned it and said it's safe to use until I see it sparking throughout the motor rotation.  I'm pretty sure that somewhere I have the motors I removed from a couple of 1940 BUs when I decided to treadle them.  I think I had taken Rocky the Singer motors but not the Necchi ones.

Officially this machine is pink.  I thought it was from the early 1960's, but Rocky thinks it's ten years older than that.  When I got it back home, I used it to quilt the border on the pink and blue quilt.  It stitches sooooooo much faster than my treadles--which is interesting, because when I began treadling, I thought I treadled as fast as my electric machines sewed.  However, this is a finely engineered Italian machine, so it may stitch faster than the electrics I was using.
For the time being, I'm just leaving the end of the machine open since I oil them after every six hours or so of use.

The other adventure I had was that when I bought groceries yesterday, my card was declined--twice!  Someone had put through a small charge from a little town in Illinois that is so small that I'm sure it doesn't have the kind of business it claimed to be from.  Anyway, since my info was stolen, I had to make another trip to the city to get a new card.

I had been there earlier in the day to attend the Fiber Arts Fiesta.  There were some interesting quilts, fewer vendors than in the past, and none of the long-arm dealers were allowing potential customers to actually try the machines.  I purchased nothing--although that was probably a good thing since my card would have been declined.--Don't get me wrong; I'm immensely grateful that the fraudulent charge was spotted by someone with really good perceptions.

Okay, I'm going to try to get some quilting into another quilt yet tonight.  I do love quilting!!!(However, I have to admit that part of the fun of quilting right now is watching the tree in my front yard leaf out--it had just a few tiny leaves on Thursday.  It has a lot more now!)

Happy quiltmaking.....

3 comments:

Christine said...

Love the cardboard faceplate! Glad you're finding time to quilt!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your quilting on the quilts. How do you like the Necchi? My local quilt shop started to sell them. I had never heard of them before. Glad they found your card had been compromised but it's still a hassle. Enjoy quilting even more! It's so cold and rainy here that I'm hoping to sew today too!

Lynn said...

Wonderful to see your feathery creations! I have decided I will have to "suck it up" and quilt my most recent top, it deserves some fun stuff. Might have to consult with you for ideas....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...