Monday, May 27, 2013

Quilting Accomplished: Memorial Day Weekend 2013


These are the finishes for this weekend.  I have one more prayer quilt ready to quilt and do not know if I will get it started today.  My legs are telling me it's been a long time since I've treadled for so many hours.

I should also make it clear that the only reason I was able to be so productive is that all these quilts were already layered and ready for quilting--and the first two only needed binding sewn down on the back and Mary did that and returned them to me.
 #1 The Four Pigs Quilt.  Mary finished the binding and handed it back to me yesterday.

 #2 Circus Song: also with binding finished by Mary.

 #3 Violet Merry-Go-Round, pieced by Judy.

 #4 Lilac Post Cards, pieced by Judy.

 #5 Postcards from the Garden, pieced by Judy.


 #6 Handkerchief Memories, pieced by Judy.

 #7 Spit Four Patch, pieced and quilted by Dora.

I did take detail photos, too many for a single post, so I'll probably do multiple posts in order to share the quilting and closeups.

We've had a beautiful Memorial Day.  We've had what's known in New Mexico as a mostly cloudy day--meaning there have been more than a few clouds and less than our usual hours of sunshine.  The temperatures have been mild.  Yes, we've still had wind, and that did interfere with some of the picture taking.  Yes, the tumbleweeds traveled.  In fact, they started congregating in my yard.  However, it's been the kind of day that is just about as close to perfect as it can get.


Happy quiltmaking.....


P.S.:  I just linked to Judy's What's on Your Design Wall (although I'm designing quilting rather than patchwork or applique) and Connie's Free Motion Tuesday (links on the side bar).

5 comments:

Jean said...

Your quilting looks awesome and love a pile of newly finished quilts! Great job!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! Love your happy feathers, and tell Judy her purples are awesome!! Sounds like great NM weather, how "leafed-out" is your tree now?

bunbear said...

dora your quilts are beautiful! you do such wonderful work..

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on these adorable finishes!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilts and I would love to see photos of your tumbleweeds!! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...