Thursday, May 30, 2013

Quilting Complete: Blue and Yellow Split 4-Patch

Blue and yellow is a timeless combination--This blue is an April Cornell print from several years ago--not the first quilt with this fabric line, but it is the special quilt made with just two of the prints that I purchased extra of because two fabric quilts are so timeless and I love this line (from Moda, several years ago).











This is part of the back that I made wider by sticking in some blocks left over from the quilt I'd made from this line several years ago.  The rest of the backing was an even older fabric that says "Peter Pan", so I'm guessing it was from the 80s or early 90s.

Fun to make, fun to quilt, fun to look at--and I hope the recipient will enjoy looking at it for years and years.

Happy quiltmaking......

3 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Absolutely lovely! I love the blue/yellow combination too, and hope to make one someday soon. You are really powering through the quilting this week! I'd love to be able to watch you treadle those feathers sometime. I have two treadle machines in the house but apparently am too uncoordinated to make them work when they are threaded up and fabric going through. Not sure if it's the machine(s) or me, but highly suspicious it's my own lack of coordination.

Jean said...

Pretty quilt, love the quilting!

Angie said...

Scrumptious fabric and beautiful quilting! The recipient is very lucky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...