Friday, May 31, 2013

Quilting Complete: Judy's Postcards from the Garden

This is one of my favorite of the most recently quilted quilts:
 The fabrics were heavenly--both in color and in the texture of the prints.
 The quilt invited all over feminine feathers.
 The postcards invited slightly different quilting designs--a good chance to stretch.
 The narrow and wide batik borders required different quilting designs.

And the blue batik was perfect for the quilt. I also changed back and forth between various beautiful shades of Fil-Tec Glide for the quilting.
It was one of those quilts that reminds me how therapeutic quilting can be and why I so love doing it. This one was also treadle quilted on my Necchi BU from the 1940's, which is in my 1919 treadle cabinet and irons.

If you click the "home" tab above, you'll get to see a lot more of the quilts I've been working on.

New Mexico is suffering from an intense drought.  Yesterday's high winds--in which we watched a crow attempt in vain to fly forward instead of backward--helped ignite a fire north of Pecos, about 100 miles from us.  This afternoon when I drove to the county seat, I saw countless more dust devils and lots more things blowing across the roads--I hit quite a few tumbles weeds!  We pray for all those who were evacuated. Where I live, the bigger issues right now are winds and blowing stuff--and the smoke hasn't yet made it's way to us.  (Since we live at a high altitude without air conditioning, we have little protection from heavy smoke.)

Happy quiltmaking.....

9 comments:

bunbear said...

dora the colors in that quilt are so calming. beautiful piecing and gorgeous quilting!

praying for those near the fires and that they do not come your way.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I'm drooling over your lovely feathers again! Such beautiful work! The fabrics are gorgeous! I'm hoping and praying the fires keep their distance from you..

Jean said...

More gorgeous feathers! I can't believe you do this on a treadle machine. Awesome.

Needled Mom said...

Those feathers are just perfect with that quilt and you did a great job on them.

Lynn said...

Wow! I love your quilting!!! Praying you get a little rain, no fire or smoke!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You have been a busy lady lately. Sorry I haven't commented more, but, I'm just trying to catch up on blog reading, then maybe I can finally get some stitching done. May just passed me by, stitching wise.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

It should be a favorite , it is really lovely!!! Wonderful fabric and quilting too.

Unknown said...

Such lovely quilting! Your feathers really inspire me!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such beautiful quilting Dora!!! And on a treadle too - you amaze me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...