Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green?....

Top o' the mornin' to ya!




Back during the wicked weather of January and early February, I began these so I'd have something green and special to wear for St. Patrick's day.  I'm thinking it's likely that too much time was spent while I watched a few movies with my hands were pausing.  Anyway, they're not quite long enough, so I can't wear them today.  (I'm wearing a Kelly green knit top instead.) 
And for my green activity, I'll be working on some quilts using one of my people-powered sewing machines (PPM).  That counts as green, right?

I thought I might have lunch at my outdoor table since we're supposed to have the warmest day we've had thus far this year.  But we also have high winds and regional fire danger, so I'll have to be content with eating inside, since I wouldn't want my lunch to blow to the next county! Here's our current wind/fire danger map, courtesy of www.weatherbug.com
I'm taking comfort in the fact that it's still yellow and not red--which is what we'll see later this afternoon.

Have a fun St. Paddy's Day.

1 comment:

Pokey said...

Just popped in to say hi, Dora! Your green yarn is vibrant in these socks, and they will be wonderful to celebrate spring instead. The quilt top on your last post is interesting, and I found it unusual to have all that piecing in the white.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...