Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sneak Peaks at Quiltmaking

 Last Saturday was our monthly quilt-together for our Victory Prayer Quilts group at church.  It was a busy day because it was also Prom Day for Sweet Teen.  Here's what happened on the quilting front:

 I began piecing these at our quilt group a month or two ago.  Then I couldn't remember how I had planned to set them together....So I started something new....

 These were in our fabric stash at church.  Since we are in need of more quilts with a masculine flavor, I began piecing snowballs.



 I just finished ironing this third set this morning.  I'm hoping I'll have enough of the grape leaves print for a border.

 I chose another of Judy's quilts to bring home for quilting.  I am so appreciative of the fact that she has it layered and ready for quilting.

 I also have these three pieces of batik from Kokopelli Quilts/Southwest Decoratives to use in an upcoming block exchange with my Treadle On group.  I just can't decide if they are a neutral or a focus fabric.  Maybe I'll know after they are washed. (These southwestern batiks were dyed especially for Kokopelli Quilts.  Lovely fabrics; available in more colorways than I chose.)

Sweet Teen is in Washington, DC competing with her team/representing New Mexico in the We, The People competition.  She'll also get to do some sightseeing.  So, I'm trying to concentrate on quiltmaking this weekend since there has been so little time for that.  I have a little less than four weeks until the school year is over, so I'm trying to work efficiently and not get stressed by all the end of the school year stuff special ed teachers have to do.  I'm not being terribly successful with the "Stay Calm and Carry On" aspects.  Also, we still have to make college decisions.  Quiltmaking seems like wise therapy.

Happy quiltmaking....

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

I can't imagine the hectic end of school year you are having. My May is getting full and I don't even have any business with a school, but I guess it is just that time. The SW batiks are lovely and I have nothing to offer either if they are focus or background. Maybe it depends on what goes with them, too. Have a great day!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I find sewing and quilting so therapeutic when I'm worried or stressed. I hope it helped with your daughter being away. Love those batiks! Your church has a very nice stash!

DragonPoodle said...

Enjoy your quilting time. Good luck with all the end-of-school stuff.
Cheryl Warren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...