Saturday, September 3, 2011

An Older Quilt Story - Harriet's Stars

This is a quilt I made several years ago for my dear friend Harriet. I worked too slowly; her birthday was fast approaching; I finished it, packaged it up, mailed it to her. Then I realized I'd never taken any pictures of it!

We were able to have a truly wonderful, albeit short, visit with her while we were back east. Sweet Teen held the quilt and I took pictures. Harriet would not let us take her picture--she thinks she's aged--I thinks she's aged maybe five or ten years in the last 20+! So, no pictures of Miss Harriet, but here are some details of her quilt.

Although I still like many of the threads I used, I hope I've learned to choose threads that show up a little better, since I love the quilting and think it's sad when the only way to see the quilting is to check the back of the quiltQ




If you'd like to see greater detail, right click on the photos and open them in a new tab or a new window.
Alex exclaimed, "Oh, you quilted cute hearts on this quilt!" I'd forgotten. Wonder when I'll learn to always, always, always take many more pictures than I think I'll ever want?

Hmmmmm.

Dora, the quilter

5 comments:

Pokey said...

How nice to visit with an old friend, and see she still loves your gift, too. Harriet's star quilt does have some pretty quilting stitches, but those prints are wonderful in color!
:-}pokey

trump said...

So much work in doing quilts, i really dont know how you guys do it. Richard

lw said...

It's a shame Miss Harriet wouldn't allow photos, I bet she's beautiful, age and all.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've forgotten to take pictures, too. I'm also bad about labels on my quilts. Pretty quilt and stitching.

Britt Lauren said...

This quilt is really beautiful I like the fabrics that you used!! I always wanted to make a quilt, but I'm not good with sewing. I like your blog, it has interesting stuff on it : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...