These socks have 4k, 1p ribbing; I'm trying to develop some proficiency in continental knitting, but I didn't have a way to make purling efficient.
Before Christmas I ordered some yarn in worsted weight to match a shawl/scarf that I already have.
Sweet Teen saw it and asked me to make a hat for her--so I knit this beret, Stella, a Ravelry free pattern.
With that experience, I knit myself one in bulky yarn in my own pattern.
One of my goals for this year is to learn knit some colorwork and textured stitches.
I'm also trying to finish these socks--and I've made some progress. Although I like the design that separates the columns of stockinette stitch, I don't much like stitching it.
Linking to Judy Laquidara's On the Needles report so you can go check out the progress of others.
Happy quiltmaking--and knitting,