For several years I've been trying out new quilting designs on a large piece of layered white fabrics destined to become a mattress cover.
The matress pad/cover I had quilted 21 years ago is reaching the end of its life. So now I've realized the cover I've been making will only fit a twin sized bed. I have absolutely no idea why I made it so small. That left me with the opportunity/challenge of finding vintage 100% cotton sheets to make one that is actually big enough for my bed.
I did find one sheet from the 1950s in the past several weeks, but thought I'd have to settle with lining it with a pale beige sheet. The one from 21 years ago had white cotton on one side and unbleached muslin on the other.
Yesterday I decided to make a stop at a nearby Salvation Army resale shop. I frequently visit that shop but seldom buy things because the manager insists on pricing things rather high, as if she'd purchased items wholesale instead of receiving them for free. This week I got lucky.
I have a couple of quilts to finish first, so it will be a while.
I also found [an also over-priced] tatted doily; I'll take a photo of that too later.
Happy quiltmaking and knitting,.....