Thursday, December 17, 2015

Felted Socks - OOPS!

I finished a pair of teal green socks a several weeks ago.


Saturday they came out of the laundry shrunken and felted--despite the fact that they had come through previous laundering under exactly the same conditions with no problems at all.

Sunday I ripped them out and wound them into little yarn cakes.  I decided to make some wristlets--since I'm pretty sure they will be warm.  I've managed only several rows of ribbing so far.



I'm taking it easy because two days ago I had cataract surgery; the surgery itself and my recovery are truly amazing.  Because I chose distance vision, I can see things without my glasses clearer than at any time since I was a very young child.  The cataracts in my left eye were larger than in my right, so my left eye received the attention this week, and my right eye will be done next week.

I've been playing a few Christmas programs on You-tube, thinking I'll reminisce about sweet old television Christmas specials--Julie Andrews, Andy Williams, and more.  But, I haven't gotten much knitting done.  I did finish quilting a prayer quilt I began quilting last winter and then had to un-stitch because the tension was messed up and I hadn't realized it.  The next quilt blessing is January 10, and I'd like to quilt some prayer quilt tops that have been sitting around here for months while I've had no time to quilt.

Stay warm!

Happy quiltmaking and knitting,....

5 comments:

Doreen said...

I'm surprised you were able to rip them out at all! Wristlets will be a good ending for them!!!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Heal quickly!

Needled Mom said...

Oh no...good thing you can use the yarn again.

Isn't the cataract surgery amazing? I remember the days when the patients had to be flat on their backs for 10 days with sandbags on the side of their head to keep it from moving.

O'Quilts said...

Have a lovely Christmas

Missy Shay said...

I'm looking forward to time to quilt also. Have a merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...