Saturday, December 26, 2015

Goliath Creeps Into My Town

The National Weather Service has named him Goliath. Locals are calling it Snowmagedden. This storm is twisting and turning here in our state and not going anywhere for a while.  The thing is that it's huge and stretches across many states.

We had to go to the grocery/pharmacy for  prescription refills and a few things to create multiple meals and pots of soup this morning. We waited in line for 20 minutes for the refills and another 30 minutes or so for grocery checkout.

This is one hour into the storm.


This is six hours into the storm, and the last daylight photo.


We were up to only about six inches accumulation.


But with the snow blowing horizontally, looks can be deceiving.
Yes, it's true; in New Mexico, snow is often horizontal.


This is what NMRoads is reporting at 8:00 p.m.--except there are reports that the roads are worse.  I'm thinking the state can't keep the website up to date due to so much activity.

I just received a message from a friend saying, "I just heard about the accident that closed I-40: 2 Semis, 3 Cars, 2 Fatalities. Praying for everyone involved."

One of her relatives is an EMT, so I suspect the message is correct. A lot of travelers and families need our prayers tonight.


I'm grateful for a warm house and pajamas fresh from the dryer.  Three new magazines, some knitting, beautiful music playing, and a College Girl who didn't dare suggest going out in this are keeping me happy--and feeling fortunate.  (The homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade rolls probably helped too.)

 I'm offering prayers for all those being impacted by this huge storm.

Stay home, stay safe, stay warm.
If you can sew, quilt, knit, or cook instead of going out in it, you are truly blessed.


10:00 p.m. update: We're now being told this storm will not be out of here until 6 a.m. Monday.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

This storm is way south of me (Northern Colorado) but we have the Artic cold front that is just sitting over us. -9°F last night. Brrr.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I was wondering how bad it was for you. I have a niece in Las Cruses, nephew in Tucumcari, and the rest in Albuquerque. Yucky all over. We are expecting ice shortly. I'd rather the snow.

O'Quilts said...

Wow...crazy weather...We wore shorts on Christmas...very crazy...
Glad you are warm and comfy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...