Monday, January 25, 2016

Finally Finished--and Gone!

The amount of quiltmaking I've managed over the last six months is absolutely mind-blowing--in its absence, not because I've accomplished much.

This critter languished for months before I got her bias binding attached:

 The straight borders were warped in the holding and by the camera.  They are straight in real life!
This was made from a fabric pack I picked up somewhere.  I added the border and setting fabrics.

 We made these nine-patches at a Victory Prayer Quilt Sewing morning many months ago.

It afforded the opportunity to play with some freshly designed quilting motifs.

Between my job and my vision, my energy just wafted away over the last several months.  Of course, I had no idea that my cataracts were siphoning so much energy.  A lot of that energy is now going into putting glasses on and taking them off, switching to a different pair, trying to remember where I last placed them; you get the idea, I'm sure. I ordered a new pair of progressive lenses this week, and I'm hoping their arrival will be like adding some very nice magic to my life!


Happy quiltmaking......

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Good luck with the new glasses. I have to keep changing from my regular glasses to the bi-focals, when I want to see up close or read something. I can't walk around much with the bi-focals on.

O'Quilts said...

Glasses?? It is in the finding them when your glasses are not on your face...omg

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I rarely wear my glasses. I need them but I see better for the close up work that I do most of the time. Reading the computer and sewing. It is frustrating not being able to see, or in my case, not being able to hear. My hearing is getting worse and worse. So is my husbands, so we will be really fun as we get older. Yelling at each other to be heard. lol!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...