Sunday, July 26, 2015

Borders On! Summer Romance I

I made five of these units for the blocks.


I managed to get them pieced into the blocks, sashings and fill triangles created and sewn.
I debated whether the large floral ivory border or the lavender scattered floral should be on the outside.  I decided on the scattered floral, since we all know the edges of quilts tend to get dirty first.  This is a quilt to be used, not merely admired.

 It finished at 87 x 87 inches, so I'm not sure where I'd find a place large enough to capture the whole thing.  I'll consider that after it's quilted.

I've loved this block since I first saw it in the early 1980s.  Took me long enough, huh?!

I'm not sure I can quilt this before school starts the first week of August.  Also, just the top is heavy enough that it needs to be longarm quilted instead of quilted on one of my treadles.  It certainly has a lot of wonderful spaces for quilting. I'm having a great time planning the quilting. It's the first quilt I've made for myself in over ten years, and I hope to enjoy it for several decades!

I;m linking to Connie's Linky Tuesday as well as to Esther's Blog and her WIPs on Wednesdays.  Both links are in the column to the right.

Happy quiltmaking,.....

10 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That went together quickly. You needed to make something for yourself. You do so much for others. Don't stress over the new school year.

Missy Shay said...

It is a beautiful quilt! I love it!

Quilting Babcia said...

That is a spectacular top, and I love that quilt block too. Looking forward to seeing it quilted, so nice that you're making one to keep for yourself after all this time.

Kathleen said...

It is indeed beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it quilted, regardless of who does it.

Brenda said...

That is beautiful! You have job a great job on this.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It is a beautiful quilt!! I normally don't love purple, but this one really sings!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's beautiful ! I love the pattern and the colors.

Sue Daurio said...

So pretty. It's a very calming and soothing quilt, love the purple.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, love the lavender. Have fun quilting her.

Kate said...

Oh so pretty, I just love the purple and white color combination. Congrats on getting it to the flimsy stage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...