Monday, July 6, 2015

Sail On - A Prayer Quilt

Another three person quilt....
 Ruth found the little sailboats in our Victory Quilt Cupboard at church.  We don't know who made them.  The center block is one Ruth made with a pattern from a past summer quilt shop hop.



She said the little blocks had a lot of problems with the misalignment of some of the little blocks, but she handled them well, and I'm thinking the recipient will find so many other things to look at and enjoy in this quilt that they won't notice anything that's less than perfect.
 The center block was especially fun to quilt since it provided some even newer challenges that I hope I solved well. 


Ruth chose wonderful, refreshing fabrics to accompany the blocks.

 I don't particularly like the waves I quilted, but it's always a learning experience, isn't it?



 The narrow borders weren't encouraging for feathers, so they have a lot of swirlies.


One of the lovely things about this quilt is the backing of bubbles!

I really like this quilt, undoubtedly being influenced by the lack of water here.  New Mexico's most famous lake is Elephant Butte, but we have other good sized lakes as well.  Of course, I also know of a New Mexico lake that is smaller than the pond our neighbor Lester Pfister used for irrigating his hybrid seed corn in dry weather between El Paso and Gridley, Illinois.  We are a state of diversity--and that means a few extremes as well!

I hope you get to enjoy some water this July.

Happy quiltmaking,...

6 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a cute quilt. Great way to use up extra blocks (even not quite square blocks). I like the waves. Everyone did a great job on this quilt.

DragonPoodle said...

Great quilt. I love bright stripey fabrics and collect them so I am always interested to see what can be done with them. your quilting is lovely as always!

bunbear said...

I don't know if I could live in a state that didn't have lakes and rivers abounding! Your quilting looked very nice. I saw a lot of movement in it! Very pretty!

Missy Shay said...

I love your waves and the wind in the sky!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Too Cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...