Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Mrs. Lebo's Legacy VI

Blocks 8 and 9 of my checkered Dresden are finished!

Last night we had no internet access, and that made it a perfect time to give 100% of my concentration to applique.  Although I was very tired, I appliqued block 8.  It's true that without the distraction of laundry, a movie, or music, I managed an entire block in just under an hour.

Tonight I decided to forego distractions and applique the last block.

They are such happy blocks.  They remind me of the colors in the Dick, Jane, and Sally readers.  Since I really wanted to learn to read, I really loved those books.  Some of that carries over into my response to Sandy Klop's fabrics.  Most of these prints are from Moda's Bread'n'Butter by American Jane [Sandy Klop].  Now that these are done, I'm sorry that I resisted quilting with these colors for so long.  My excuse was that they don't go with my house.  However, I'm getting old, so I'm tossing that excuse out the window!

I'm not sure when this quilt will be finished.  I can probably get the blocks set together this weekend, but I'm going to have to order more border fabric.  I've decided I might as well go all out and use a red print!

The message our ISP posted on their phone system was that most of their New Mexico customers were without service, and they didn't know when it would be restored.  When I finally reached a tech support person later that night, she said the outage might be connected to our wind storms, but she really couldn't say for sure.  At the moment our service is slower than when we were on dial-up, so I hope they get it fixed soon, preferably before the next round of wind and storms arrives. We're currently at 0.04 Mbps.  So, now we have more recent experience with what internet service was like in the  "old days." Something like this certainly makes us grateful for the technological advances of the last few years.

Happy quiltmaking,...

4 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your current internet service sounds like what ours is like every day! Sad, isn't it that one of the most "advanced" countries in the world has so many folks either entirely without service or some of the slowest on earth. Looking foward to seeing your finished quilt. I love how you've done your dresdens.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love those blocks. My email went out (still had internet) the day before I left for my trip. No email access till I got to the hotel, so, 2 full days with no email. Never fun.

Unknown said...

The blocks are absolutely beautiful. I've never done a Dresden Plate block and these are making me wonder why ? lol

DragonPoodle said...

I LOVE these! Love the bright primary colors. And good luck with your internet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...