Monday, January 2, 2017

This Is Taking a While

I'm at the step where each point is getting ironed.
I've ironed about half the points. The fact that I want lots of variety in the Dresden plates means I want all of the wedges to be ready, so the pressing all at once seems the best way. I'm watching some You-tube videos while I press. Quilt-it!, the long arm quilting show, has posted several full length videos, and a lot of them contain valuable information for domestic machine quilters as well as long arm quilters. I really like Quilt It! - Episode 701 - Curing Continous Confusion with Deborah Poole (It's so much easier to stream them via you-tube without having to use the HDMI cable.) Still this is such a boring task  it's also easy to doze off!
Happy quiltmaking,....

x

3 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I'll have to check out those episodes. That is why I have so many UFO's, I get bored with monotonous ironing and trimming.

Quilting Babcia said...

Streaming via you-tube is a luxury we don't have here since our internet connection is so slow and limited (satellite). Wish they carried those videos via our local PBS channel but that avenue has dried up for us too, as our local station has dropped nearly all quilting shows. Your blades are so cheerful, the resulting quilt is going to be spectacular!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love to press, but it can get tedious. The end result will be amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...