Thursday, June 14, 2012

Robin's Song Blocks Complete

Advisory:  Another Picture-Bounteous Post
I am happy to report that the Robin's Song block quilting is complete--although I will still check for missed spots.














At least temporarily, the best part of all this quilty goodness is that I will now be able to begin on the quilty-wonderful borders!
I'm quilting this on a Necchi BU from the late 1940's in a 1919 Singer treadle stand.  The variegated thread is from Thread Art, but the other quilting threads are Fil-Tec Glide available from www.bobbincentral.com ...And, if I'd realized I'd end up using mostly the pearl colored Glide in the bobbin, I would have ordered a bunch of their Magna-Glide bobbins.  I realize many people may look at those little bobbins with nothing but a round magnet at their core and think they wouldn't work in our vintage class 15 bobbin cases.  However, they are absolutely a delight to use!

I'm thinking this means I can actually link to some of those linky parties in my left sidebar!

Happy quiltmaking......

6 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Beautiful quilting, Dora! Can't wait to see what you do with the borders!

DragonPoodle said...

Wow, your quilting is amazing! and that is one beautiful quilt. love the colors, too.

Did the Necchi fit into the treadle easily or did it require adaptation? I've got both and but haven't tried out the Necchi yet. I hear great things about them as a treadle.

Béa said...

I admire what you made with this machine !!!

Dora, the Quilter said...

The only thing necessary to let a Necchi fit into a full size Singer treadle is to drill out the mounting holes in the base of the machine a bit (since the mounting pins and holes align on both machine and treadle top). I believe I used a 9/32" drill bit--and worked slowly and gently as I drilled out the sewing machine. McKenna Linn, the Necchi Lady, is the expert about this, and I learned how to do it from her.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I saw these bobbins in a modern Juki machine earlier this year. Pretty cool. I never thought of using them in my vintage machines.

Kristie said...

Your quilting is beautiful! I just love that quilt, the words on the blocks are very inspiring.

Blessings
Kristie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...