Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Progress: Sew, Snip, Press, Sew

Little Miss Gardener is kind of lagging behind here--or at least lagging behind where I wanted her to be.
 Snip.  Snip.  Press.  Seam.
 Trim.  Sew.
 Seam.  Press.  Cut.
More length of pieced border than absolutely necessary.  Hooray.
Back to more calculations and more decisions and more cutting.

I did plan to take my hand crank Singer 99 outside to piece this morning, but I haven't managed it yet, so I may not get to that.  I can say that while I love my Featherweight, treadles are soooooooo much quieter!

In other news...Sweet Teen's first day of her last year of high school.
 Actually, it's a special day because FFA Officers will be making presentations at the district's midschools today and then working at the county fair.  Therefore, her first day of real classes may not happen until Friday.  She's somewhat disappointed because she loves the first day of school.  But then she's also excited and honored to be making presentations to younger students.

We also picked up the proofs for her senior pictures at the post office on our way over to the school.  I am sooooooo unimpressed!  In order for her to have her picture in the yearbook, we were forced to use a certain photographer.  We have 10 proofs--all of which are no better--and maybe worse--than the usual school pictures, just more poses.  The photographer used a terrible angle so that the frames of her classes cut across her eyes horizontally.  But, hey, an easy way for them to make $100 or so [times how many hundreds of families?]!  We're going to have to find another photographer to take some decent ones!

I'm not sure how much more I'll get done on the Little Miss Gardener Quilt today because tomorrow a friend from church is coming over to install my new kitchen sink.  I'm praying he doesn't run into any unpleasant surprises--and I'm certainly looking forward to a new sink despite the fact that it's a new one and not one of the vintage porcelain farm sinks I'd really prefer (but which wouldn't really look so great in this house anyway).

I'm linking up to Esther's WIPs on Wednesdays and to Freshly Pieced.

My "How to Quilt on a Treadle Sewing Machine" post is still available.


Happy Quiltmaking......

5 comments:

Pokey said...

My goodness, a senior in the house! How swiftly time passes ~
I hope you like your new sink, I like your quilt garden!
:-}pokey

Auntie Em said...

Lovely girl. We had a similiar experience with Senior photos. Ended up going to a different photographer.

gi quilt said...

Lovely garden quilt

Miss Hillbilly said...

If we lived near I we would help you with photos! My daughter does a fantastic job, she's done everything from weddings to sr photos--before she graduated high school even.

We won't go there that she is not using that talent...

Anyway we used to have so much fun taking Sr photos as a team. We would get your daughter doing some things that she loved to do. That's what the photos should be!

Glenda said...

What a lovely looking lass, hope her year goes well. Love the fabric s you are using Dora, so fresh and clean. I also much appreciate the tutorial on the treadle, people forget there are still a lot of quilters using them. Cheers Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...