Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Quilt Progress: Little Miss Gardener

 Here's where I am at bedtime:
Colors are off because it's taken with living room lighting after nine.  I just draped batting across a chair and plopped on the blocks, because otherwise the breezes from the fans would have had the pieces flying! And oops!  I do see something I need to fix.  But it will wait until morning.

I've been sewing this on my Featherweight, but if it's nice and not windy in the morning, I'm planning to take my handcrank Singer 99 outside for at least part of the rest of the sewing.

And, yes, it's new name is Little Miss Gardener.  I have to admit that these solids make those Jane Sassaman prints very special.  They remind me of when my daughter was little and called everyone's yard a "garden" and could entertain herself for long stretches watching flowers and insects.  Let's hope the little girl who receives this quilt will have the same fascination with gardens.

When Sweet Teen was a toddler and we went for walks, the birds were so friendly to her that I wouldn't have been surprised if one had hopped right into her hand. Now she does not like bugs or snakes at all--and does not appreciate it when I point out that without insects her diet would be a lot more limited--not that anyone should think I'm saying she eats insects!  I refer to the jobs they do in nature!

Okay, it's been a long day!

Linking to Connie's Free Motion by the River.

Happy quiltmaking.......

3 comments:

Angie said...

The solids and prints play so nicely together - this really turned out adorable! Hope you get to stitch with your handcrank today!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks Dora and I love the story you told your daughter about the insects. It is always fun to hear which sewing machine you are using! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Mary said...

I love Jane Sassaman fabric and your quilt is turning out nicely! I wonder what it would be like to sew outside....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...