Friday, December 12, 2014

At Last! Sewing Chest

For years, probably most of the 21st century, I've wanted one of these.  
(I'm not sure what those white flecks are on the front--just something the old camera picked up.  There are no white spots in real life.)
No, it's not a box for a vintage sewing machine, although that too would be nice, especially if it were a chain-stitch machine.
It's a nicely finished wooden tool box.
 This one even has  [un-numbered] rulers on the inside of the fold-down "door."  I checked the measurements with a quilting ruler, and they are accurate.
The green is green felt and lines every drawer.
 It has a multitude of drawers so I can corral a lot of sewing accessories in just a little bit of space and can have separate drawers for long and short-shank sewing feet.

For a few years Lowe's had wooden tool chests on sale at Christmas time, but either I didn't have enough money or by the time I could get into town, they would all be gone.  The last few years they've not even stocked them.

So, where did I find this one?  At Costco!  Reasonably priced--so two could fit by the tree, one for tools and one for sewing stuff.  I'm quite happy with my one, but if there is someone in your house who has prized tools, a pair would be nice....

Happy quiltmaking...and knitting...,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous and practical!!! So glad for your acquisition!!!! We live a distance from any large town and encounter the same situations when shopping for items. Such a sweet addition!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

What a lovely box, and so practical too. You rarely find those two qualities in one piece.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I have a similar one that I bought at Harbor Frieght. Love it!! And I love yours!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That looks useful. Enjoy it.

O'Quilts said...

Very nice...great to get a wish come true!

Stitches said...

What a lovely finished box, it's really nice. I may have to check out Costco and see if they have them in my area.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...