Sunday, May 27, 2012

Audrey's Spring Breeze - Finished!

Audrey's Spring Breeze was finished sometime yesterday evening, although it does still need to be signed.
 It is just stuffed with quilty goodness.
 Most of the quilting was done with Fil-Tec Glide in gold.  This gold is just an amazing color that looks good on many styles of quilts.
 I used a little bit of lime green left over from another project from several years ago to quilt the little "bean seeds"  across the hand dyed green squares....
 and little bit of Glide azalea (I think) to trail across the pink squares.
The six inch white border is stuffed with a meandering feather with "grass curls" tossed in every so far.
 Here's a better view, from the back, that also shows the combination of leaves and transposing feathers in the outer pink borders.  I've been quilting those trailing morning glory leaves for 17 to 20 years but hadn't used them for while.  I thought they travelled around the corners nicely.
 Here are a couple of more views from the back.
 I used what looks like a wide violet piping with the green binding.  Actually, the binding is comprised of two strips of fabric (one 1.25 inches wide, the second 1.625 inches wide) sewn together, ironed in half so some of the violet shows on the green side, and then applied to the back of the quilt, flipped to the front, and stitched in the ditch between the two colors with invisible thread.  I've tried this technique several ways, but still haven't perfected the process enough to be totally satisfied with it yet.
And, speaking of morning glories, here's our first of the season--a little wobbly in New Mexico wind.
Usually we don't see a blossom until July. I did scatter seeds all along the fence in the background, but none of those are up yet.

Now I need to buckle down and start working on quilting the next project!

I hope you'll want to stop by a couple of linky parties and leave some comments for others:
(Sorry, I've lost the button for Sew Darn Crafty)
and Sara still has her weekly party going:

 
 
May Finishes 
Memorial Day Update:  I have linked this post to Judy's Monday Design Wall at Patchwork Times because there is nothing on my design wall/floor/table.  I have finally managed to get Baby Blanche's Robin's Song basted, so I haven't managed to piece anything--although I have plenty of designs in my head and on my computer.

10 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Such a beautiful quilt, and I really enjoyed seeing your quilting detail! Whoop whoop!!

Auntie Em said...

Your Spring Breeze quilt is so pretty! I think the name suits it so well. You do wonderful quilting on your quilts.

Béa said...

Very pretty, I would love to make so beautiful quilting !

MQuilter said...

Beautiful quilt and the nicely done quilting screams Spring!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

The quilting is wonderful!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous!! Congrats on a beautiful finish

Vicki H. said...

Love the quilting on your quilt, looks great!!

Quiet Quilter said...

Love the quilting~it fits so well with the quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely quilting. I hear the fires aren't getting any better. Hopefully they can get them contained. Hope the therapies are working.

Elizabeth said...

"Stuffed with quilty goodness" is an understatement, I think. It is amazing! I love the quilting you did, every bit of it! The colors of threads and fabrics and combination of blocks and quilting just make this quilt fabulous! Thanks for linking such a great finish!

xo -E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...