Thursday, May 3, 2012

Goin' Dotty?...

These are among the many things I want to be working on.....a collections of dots and stripes begun for Sweet Teen a year or two ago (I really don't remember) with some new dotty fat quarters recently added.

Other than that, I have a whole bunch of projects I'd like to be working on--but the main project right now is getting more evaluations and diagnoses, or at least more accurate ones, for my injury.  March 8, 2012 is etched in my brain--even if I have a hard time hanging on to a few other little things!

This week included an MRI of my brain, which turned out to be a horrible experience leaving me in tears because of the sensory overload--as well as a whole lot more testing at more facilities. (Yesterday's excursion began at 7:00 a.m. and ended about 8:30 p.m.  In the course of the day I was assisted by and received loving gifts of care from a precious group of friends who got me where I needed to be when I needed to be there.) I'm thrilled that today I have only one evaluation--although it will involve, as do most, a round trip of over 60 miles!  At least it's just one appointment!

I so want to get in some quiltmaking time today--if for no other reason than that I've learned to spend quiltmaking time praying for the recipients, and in the praying, I, too, am blessed.

Happy quiltmaking, all!

7 comments:

Pokey said...

I'm sorry your MRI was so stressful. Hopefully, you will get answers from all of this.
I do like those dots and stripes, looks like a happy quilt on the horizon!
:-}pokey

DragonPoodle said...

Hang in there, and I'm glad you have people to help out. I have a very similar stack of polka dots and stripes and will be working on some happy quilts from them soon.
Cheryl Warren

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayer for answers and treatments. I'm also looking forward to seeing what you create from the dots.

Kristina

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love polka dots so very much. =)

So sorry to hear how stressful your MRI was. I think I would have a hard time getting one, too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope they figure out how to help you heal. I'm cutting polka dots (with other fabrics) to make pinwheels for a quilt for one of my nieces (in NM).

Lurline said...

Great fabrics, lovely blog - God bless - hugs - Lurline♥

Janet said...

Gosh I'm a big lover of any dot fabric and this is such a great collection. I'm so sorry to read about what you've been going through. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you get some resolution soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...