Sunday, May 6, 2012

Work in Progress

This is for Audrey--it will look different in real life since these are not the fabrics; it's just the drawing I did in EQ7.
I have some of the fabrics cut, and I decided to start with the little windmills since my brain and hands just aren't thrilled about doing half square triangles right now--so I need to get that part over with! I do have most of the green half-squares pieced.

I also can't find the almost full bolt of white that I know I put in a really sensible place!  I will definitely not be taking any pictures of my sewing room for a while because it is just too cluttered.  (A local lady has been collecting fabric scraps to make quilts for a local charity, and I really should box up some for her, but I haven't done so yet!)

I've accomplished very little today (and I will not be making a list of what I intended to do and didn't do, because then I'll feel even worse!).  I'm coming to realize that in the aftermath of a brain injury, there are days when very little gets done.  On the other hand, if I would consider naps a healing therapy, I'd feel I accomplished something today.  I was totally exhausted after creating lesson plans and a couple curriculum materials (which the current sub will not bother to use), and I think I've had three naps!  I guess that's what my brain needed!  I did get some new gaskets in our water hoses so that we have less undirected water loss outside, and I did water.  Sweet Teen and I got quite a bit of yard work done yesterday, although not as much as needed to be done.  I do wish a magic carpet would come along and carry away all the tumble weeds that have collected around the base of anything in their paths (think bushes, furniture, the grill, the fence line, etc.)!  However, that won't happen, and there's just not a good way to dispose of them if we want any room for garbage in our little dumpster--at least no good way that I've found!

Every day involves therapies and/or doctor appointments.  The friend who took me into Albuquerque on Friday helped me use the time between appointments by visiting some thrift shops, so maybe I'll manage to take some pictures of a couple of finds later this week.

May you all accomplish oodles of quiltmaking......

4 comments:

Pokey said...

Pink and green are so pretty, makes you think of the flower garden. Have fun this week, my friend ~
:-}pokey

LuAnn said...

That quilt is just going to be gorgeous when it is finished. And I just love all of your polka dot fabrics!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If it was closer to Winter, you could collect the tumble weeds and make a giant snowman with them. I've seen that done in West Texas. Santa, too. Sorry the recovery is going so slowly. I'm still praying for you. Enjoy the process of making the quilt.

MQuilter said...

That will be a very beautiful quilt when it is finished. My favorite mantra is step by step, slowly it all gets done. Between nap therapy and quilt making you will recover. Broken bones and other injuries can take up to a year, so be patient with yourself and enjoy your progress in your quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...