Saturday, May 12, 2012

Quilt Progress: Spring Breeze

I awoke barely after my usual time this morning and worked quietly while the sweet teens slept.
It's been suggested that I set a timer and just work 15 minutes at a time.  I think I may have to do that.  I paused numerous times today--ahem, got distracted.  This afternoon my brain just said, "Enough!" and I took a two hour nap!

This needs two borders yet--and a backing.  Then I'll be able to baste it and enjoy the quilty goodness.  I'm thinking of using my favorite gold Fil-Tec Glide thread for feathery quilting.

I do hope I'll be a bit more efficient getting the borders cut and onto the quilt.  And I did piece extra blocks so I'll have pretties to help widen the backing.

I'm also thinking of writing up the instructions since this quilt would look good in a wide variety of colors and wouldn't necessarily have to be so girly--I just needed the fun of making a girly quilt, and I know our little Audrey will enjoy it.  I am making it long enough that she should be able to nap under it for quite a few years.

Last night's shower left us with some puddles, and then this evening we enjoyed another shower, although it wasn't enough to register at the weather station at the mid-school. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, all the women who are great nurturers but never had children,  and especially to those who carry that deep but unfulfilled longing for children in their hearts.

Happy quiltmaking....

Oh, do check out what other crafty people are doing.  Visit Karen's blog.

5 comments:

Pokey said...

The quilt is coming along nicely! Happy Momma's Day to you, take as many breaks and naps as needed to heal!
:-}pokey

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your quilt is adorable! It's a great pattern to use. Happy Mother's Day to you! Nap often and hopefully, you will feel better as well as rested!

DragonPoodle said...

The quilt is beautiful! I love seeing the hand dyes in with the prints, because I have been timid about doing that. You have made me bolder!

Napping is just about as therapeutic for me as quilting. Hang in there, Dora!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The quilt is looking so cute. I cut and sewed and ironed for hours yesterday. All HST's for 2 quilts. Not done yet, either. Oh my, I do tend to put too much on my plate. Too many deadlines, not enough hours in the day.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the fabrics you are using in your spring breeze quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...