Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quilt Update: Audrey's Spring Breeze

 Finally, the borders are on Audrey's Spring Breeze. I pieced the borders by fussy cutting a striped fat quarter and using some of the other fat quarters.
The white border is not a perfect match because I just can't find my bolt of white bleached muslin--how could I possibly misplace something so huge!!!!!
But it's still very pretty.

Now I just need to get the backing made and layer the quilt and get on to the really fun part, the quilting!

This is such a lovely statement of spring.  I've watched the tree in my front yard leaf out as I've been working on it. I came home from my morning appointments and walked into the house accompanied by bird song.  Love it!

I'm going to link to some favorite linky parties.  Be sure to stop by and leave some encouraging words for other quiltmakers.


Happy quilt making........

4 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks beautiful and I like the way you pieced the borders! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If you'd been in my basement lately, you'd know you could lose a huge bolt of fabric (and maybe a kid or two). The quilt looks great to me. Nice fun, springy colors. PS: stupid bird woke me up at 5 am this morning. I like to hear them MUCH later than that.

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It's such a lovely quilt, I love the pinwheel look!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

These are such great colors playing together...and the design sets them off really nice with the white.

hugZ,
annie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...