Monday, February 8, 2010

Field of Tulips and More Snow Photos

Alexandra and I pin basted Blanche Roberts' Tulips yesterday.  I remain amazed that she was able to applique and embroider this many tulips.  I do wonder how long it took her to do it.  I admire the fact that she was able to create so many of these blocks.
We just couldn't get a good enough angle to get the entire quilt and borders--but I love the effect from this angle:
 
I'm slowly working on  the stitching that will hold everything in place for the major quilting.  Still haven't decided how I'll quilt the rest of it.

Here are a couple more between storm photos:

 
  
The storms just keep coming--but we were glad to see some bare earth yesterday.  I'm sooooooo looking forward to the end of winter!

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a great quilt to be working on while there is so much snow outside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...