Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In: Field of Tulips

 
I did work on the Blanch Potter Roberts' Field of Tulips for the Friday Night Sew-In.  Every tulip has now been outlined.


I'm still working on the fill between tulips--and, yes, I'm feeling a bit of impatience to have that part done.
  
The setting triangles and the border will get me back to the feathered designs that I so love to do.
I am happy with the choice of white Fil-Tec Glide thread that I've used on this quilt.  (Will probably switch to another color for the setting triangles and gold for the borders.)
No, I didn't hear from my niece about her opinion on this.  I received an e-mail Thursday or so that she had just figured out how to get to her phone messages (she received her current phone in December), so she hadn't heard my message earlier.  She's mastered texting e-mail from her phone, so she was able to e-mail me.  We'll try to talk this evening since my daughter will be at her school's Sweetheart Dance.
Reminder: you can right-click on any photo and open it in a new tab or new window and then see more details of the quilting since the photo will open in a larger view.
Happy quilting......




4 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Your Field of tulips quilt is gorgeous. I'm glad you enjoyed the Friday Night Sew-in and you got a lot of quilting done. I love the quilt - Hugs Nat

Jandi said...

Wow! This looks like a lot of work but the end product is gorgeous!

Mary Anne Drury said...

WOW !!!!! Great job ! and very fresh and springy in this blah time of year !

Angie said...

Awesome quilt -- Tulips are my favorite flower, this is the best quilt I have seen with the tulips incorporated. Great successful with the FNSI :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...